One’s inner urging is a thirst that’s constantly trying to be quenched by using all kinds of things of the world, but the world will never satisfy this thirst because the thirst isn’t from the world.
The only way one’s inner urging thirst will be satisfied is to have some process in place that opens one’s heart so the Universe’s fountain of love can quench it. A life that transforms to one based in love doesn’t occur on its own and if one is waiting for God, or a program to get it done, they will probably die before it occurs. In order for there to be a true transformation of the spirit, the necessary tools need to be in place that allows for this process to take hold. Looking inward is how this is done, nothing outward is needed. Meetings, guru’s, teachers, sponsors, programs, self help books, life coaches, or anything else attached to won’t do it. Doing what’s necessary to allow the mind to settle so one’s lies are exposed is what allows for the transformation process to take place.
I propose such a process through the 12 Steps to Freedom from my book “It’s Monday Only in Your Mind: You Are Not Your Thoughts” this is what will allow for the opening of one’s heart. The steps are not a cure all, they are but a guide that shows one how to become aware of the only true answer there is and that’s to look inward. Starting tomorrow and continuing for the next eleven days I will be sharing on each step. If these steps are adhered to, one’s life will transform from a conditioned self serving one, to one that’s based in love. It will take some time, but with practice I guarantee it will happen. Here are the 12 Steps to Freedom below. If you go to the books website http://www.mondayinyourmind.com and submit an email you can get a free copy of the long version.
The Twelve Steps to Freedom:
1. We admitted we were controlled by our Conditioned Mind Patterns and became aware of how they caused our behavior and reactions to be self-centered.
2. Came to understand that cooperation with Universal Energy will allow us to be in harmony with life.
3. Made a decision to practice aligning our will and our lives to be in harmony with the Divine Purpose, so our heart remains opened and our behavior is of Universal Love instead of self-centeredness.
4. Made a searching inventory of the self-centered behavior that kept us in bondage and isolated from our own innate goodness.
5. Identified the exact nature of our wrongs and the associated behavior that held us in our self-created bondage and blocked us from reaching the full potential of our Creative Energy.
6. Were entirely ready to cooperate with Universal Energy so our behavior becomes conducive to what is necessary to be in harmony with life.
7. Humbly learn to cooperate with Universal Energy so our reactions to what happens in life are derived from love instead of a self-centered perspective.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed due to our self-centered behavior and became willing to make amends to them all and be an example of Universal Love.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, but only with the intention that it would benefit them and not serve our own satisfactions.
10. Continued to learn and deepen our spiritual insight by being mindful of each moment and how we react to situations as they occur in our life.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our consciousness of Universal Love, so knowledge becomes wisdom and our actions make us an example of this love in our relationships with all beings.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we learned to respond to life from love instead of reacting to it from our I Self. In this process we become a benefit to all beings by expressing Universal Love in everything we do.
Be open, learn and the results will be the freedom from the bondage of self, but the necessary discipline will have to be developed if this is to occur; the beauty in this is IT IS TOTALLY UP TO YOU. You see, because of these 12 Steps my freedom is in my hands now and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Who could truly ask for more?